Car accidents are a common problem in Ocoee. People are driving increasingly distracted, and this leads to an increase in the number of crashes that occur throughout the community.
Often after a car crash, those who are injured have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party. Florin|Roebig is here to help with a team of car accident attorneys serving Ocoee and the surrounding communities. If you need to file a car accident claim in Ocoee, our team is ready to help you understand your rights and legal options.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Ocoee
Many different problems can lead to car accidents. Sometimes, the problem is the fault of the injured driver, such as if the driver is driving distractedly or fails to yield to traffic signals. In these instances, no claim is possible.
Sometimes there is not anyone at fault for an accident. Wet pavement can cause a car to hydroplane and crash into a tree. These types of unavoidable problems do not lead to a claim.
However, many common causes of car accidents do lead to claims.
Some of these include:
- failure of another driver to yield to traffic signs or signals
- manufacturer’s defects on vehicles
- aggressive driving
- distracted driving
- following too closely
- failing to drive safely for road conditions
- poorly maintained roadways
If you suffer an injury because of one of these types of reasons, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your injuries.
After being denied coverage by my car insurance for a Hit and Run that happened to me, I thought I was going to have to eat the cost of car repairs and medical bills. Until Florin Roebig. They took care of everything. Went WAY above and beyond in helping me to repair my car and myself. I am blown away by the help I received, and the care and attention I was shown. No question was too much, no request too trivial, and definitely no stone left unturned. Kathy was assigned to help me, and I can never say thank you enough. You guys are the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be <3
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
If you are injured in a crash, car accident lawyers in Ocoee can help you determine if you have grounds for a case. If you do, you may have several reasons to consider filing a car accident claim and seeking compensation.
Some of these include:
- damages — You may need financial help to cover the bills that come after your accident, such as medical bills or the damage to your vehicle.
- accountability — You may wish to hold the other party accountable for their actions that resulted in your crash.
- punitive — Beyond accountability, the courts may wish to punish the other party for their actions or negligence.
- protection against future accidents — Sometimes you will wish to hold the other party accountable to do your part to prevent future accidents. For example, if your accident occurred because of a pothole in the roadway, filing a claim can force the city to fix the dangerous road.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
The amount of compensation you can win as well as the ability to file a claim are affected by many different factors. Car accident attorneys in Ocoee can help you understand these factors.
Some factors that may affect how your claim is considered in court include:
Degree Of Negligence
Negligence refers to actions or inaction that directly cause an accident, even if they were not intended to cause harm. If a party is negligent in the case, it affects your ability to file a claim.
Negligence takes on many forms. Driving while texting can be an example, but so can speeding or aggressive driving. None of these actions are purposeful to cause harm, but they can directly lead to an accident.
Degree Of Fault
Fault and negligence are closely tied. Fault is a consideration of who caused the accident by their actions or inaction.
Florida is a pure comparative fault state. This means that both the primary at-fault party and the injured party share fault in the accident. If you file a claim and win, the amount of your awarded damages will be less whatever percentage of fault you share in the accident.
Extent Of Injuries
The injuries and their extent also factor into your case. The more serious and costly your injuries, the more your case will likely be worth.
Some types of injuries common in a car accident include:
Sometimes, loss of a limb, spinal cord injuries, or hearing problems that occur after a crash can lead to even greater compensation because of the permanent changes they create. Serious accidents can even result in death, leaving victims’ families struggling.
In addition to the type of injuries, the long-term financial implications of those injuries play a role in your case. If you lose a limb and can no longer do your job, you will be eligible for more compensation than someone who suffers a broken bone that can eventually heal. If your injuries require long-term care or therapy, this will also be a considered factor.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The factors in your case have a direct impact on how much your claim may be worth. The cost of medical bills, pain and suffering, and property damage must all be factored in. If you share any fault in the accident, your claim will be less based on the percent of fault you share.
While it is not possible to know exactly how much compensation you will win, an experienced car accident lawyer can provide a detailed estimate based on the facts surrounding your case.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
As you consider your options for filing a car accident claim in Ocoee, you may be wondering what types of damages you may be eligible to receive.
Working with the right team of car accident lawyers in Ocoee will help you understand your options.
Some types of damages you may receive include:
- medical bills — These damages give you money to pay medical bills, both current and in the future, for ongoing therapy and care needs.
- pain and suffering — The emotional suffering you experience is worthy of compensation.
- property damage — If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the crash, you are eligible for damages to pay for repair and restoration.
- punitive — Punitive damages are designed to punish the individual for his or her actions in the case. These are some of the hardest types of damages to receive.
- lost income — If you can no longer work or have lost income due to a death, your damages will include payment for that lost potential income.
Car (Auto) Accident Rates In Ocoee
Ocoee is part of Orange County, and this area has seen a tremendous increase in serious traffic accidents in recent years.
Understanding the statistics surrounding crashes in the region will help you understand why car accident attorneys are so important:
- Between 2015 and 2019, fatal car accidents in Orange County increased by 23 percent.
- In 2019, the total number of traffic fatalities was 174.
- In 2018, Orange County had a total of 31,917 crashes.
- Those crashes resulted in 22,984 injuries.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Ocoee
If you are considering filing a car accident claim in Ocoee, the right lawyers are a key to your success. Florin|Roebig has a team of attorneys who can offer exceptional representation for residents of Ocoee and the rest of Orange County.
If you are looking for representation, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of the following skilled legal professionals:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Shaun M. Cummings
- Luca G Esposito
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florin|Roebig offers the services of a team of car accident lawyers who can represent clients throughout Florida. This legal team has a reputation for aggressive representation, and we strive to ensure our clients receive the full amount of compensation they deserve. We also strive to educate our clients, so they understand their rights as they seek to file a car accident claim in Ocoee.
The right representation makes a difference when you are seeking compensation after a crash. Reach out to Florin|Roebig today for proven help as you work on your recovery after a car crash.