Pine Hills residents may be involved in a car accident at any time. While some accidents are minor and don’t impact your life significantly, others may leave you with chronic pain, disability, financial loss, and other serious consequences.
If you are involved in a car accident that was caused by someone else, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. In order to collect compensation, you must file a personal injury claim against the party responsible.
Although it is possible to file a personal injury claim without the help of an attorney, having a qualified attorney like those at Florin|Roebig on your side can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Pine Hills
Car accidents in Pine Hills may occur for a range of different reasons. In some cases, a car accident has one clear cause. In other cases, more than one factor may have contributed to the accident.
Some of the factors that may cause a car accident in this area include:
- driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- driving while distracted, such as while adjusting the radio or texting on a smartphone
- driving recklessly and/or disobeying traffic laws
- inclement weather
- malfunctioning vehicles
- poor road conditions
- driver inexperience or error
While some of these contributing factors may qualify you to file a car accident claim, others may not. In general, you will be able to collect compensation for your accident only if you can show that negligence was a factor in the case.
Negligence is the failure of someone to exercise the care required by law. Speeding and distracted driving are examples of negligence-related causative factors. Talk to your attorney to find out if your situation will qualify you to file a car accident claim.
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
The most common reason victims of car accidents cite when deciding to file a car accident claim is compensation. Because these accidents typically result in so many expenses for victims, they must often file car accident claims in order to get the money they need to rebuild their lives. However, this is not the only motivation car accident victims may have when filing a claim.
Car accident victims may also choose to file a personal injury claim to hold the negligent party responsible for what they have done. Car accident claims force the negligent party to acknowledge and respond to the effect their actions have had on the victim’s life.
In addition, filing a car accident claim may also reduce the risk of future accidents by drawing attention to the circumstances that caused the crash in question.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Before filing a car accident claim, it is important to understand the different factors that may affect your case.
Some of these factors include:
- type of claim — Personal injury claims are different from claims that involve property damage only.
- negligence — All car accident claims require negligence to be a factor. However, in the state of Florida, you may be able to collect compensation even if you were partly at fault for the crash. If you win the case, your settlement will be reduced according to your proportion of fault.
- statute of limitations — The statute of limitations is a time limit imposed on car accident claims. If you don’t file your claim before this time expires, you won’t be able to collect compensation. For this reason, it is important to act quickly after you have been involved in an accident in Pine Hills.
- the impact of the accident on your life — Another factor that will have a significant effect on the outcome of your case is the accident’s impact on your life. The more severely the accident impacted your personal and financial life, the stronger your claim will be.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation awarded to victims in car accident cases varies widely. Several different factors may affect the amount of compensation you can collect. For example, victims who have more severe injuries tend to win more compensation than those with minor injuries.
Likewise, the greater your financial losses related to the crash, the higher your settlement will be. In addition, if your injuries have affected your personal life considerably, your settlement will increase as a result.
Determining an accurate estimate of your settlement amount can be challenging. However, our attorneys have experience with these cases. We will be happy to review your situation and give you an idea of what you can expect if you file a claim.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you win your car accident case, you will likely receive a financial settlement.
This settlement may include two different types of damages:
- compensatory — Compensatory damages compensate you for specific losses you sustained because of the accident. Examples include medical payments, compensation for lost wages, damages for pain and suffering, and compensation for future estimated losses.
- punitive — Punitive damages are designed to provide you with extra compensation while also punishing the responsible party for their actions. These damages are most often included in the settlement when extreme negligence and/or malicious intent was a factor.
Only a qualified attorney who has experience with these cases can give you an accurate estimate of the damages you can expect to collect if your claim is successful.
Car Accident Rates In Pine Hills
Pine Hills is a part of Orange County.
The following statistics reflect auto accidents in this area:
- More than 31,000 auto accidents were recorded in Orange County during 2017.
- Auto accidents in Orange County led to 21,646 injuries during 2017.
- There were 188 auto accident deaths recorded in this county during 2017.
- In Orange County, the total number of accidents, fatalities, and injuries increased from 2016 to 2017.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Pine Hills
Filing a car accident claim in Pine Hills is no small undertaking. In order to ensure that your claim has the best possible chance of success in court, you need the right attorney representing you.
The attorneys at Florin|Roebig are experienced and have a strong record of success when representing clients in these cases.
Some of the members of our staff serving clients in Pine Hills include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Michael L. Walker, B.C.S.
- Chase P. Florin, B.C.S.
- Michael A. Ossi, O.C.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florin|Roebig has many years of experience representing clients in car accident claims across the state of Florida, including Pine Hills. If you have been involved in a car accident and you are thinking about filing a personal injury claim, our team will be happy to help you review your options. Please contact our office today to schedule a consultation or to learn more.