Every day in Largo, Florida, car accidents occur. These accidents range in severity from very minor accidents to severe accidents that lead to injuries and even death. When these accidents are the result of negligence, accident victims can file a claim to collect compensation for their serious injuries and other financial losses. However, the process of filing a claim can be complicated.
To give yourself the best chance of collecting a fair settlement from the party who caused your crash, you need to hire the right personal injury attorney. A qualified attorney will be able to help you understand how the law applies to your case so you can make the right decisions every step of the way.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Largo
Not all causes of car accidents qualify you to file a claim. In general, you will be able to file a claim if the cause of your car accident involves negligence.
Some causes of car accidents that are usually considered negligent include:
- a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- a driver who is texting or engaging in other distracting behaviors
- a driver who ignores speed limits
- a driver who accidentally or intentionally disobeys traffic laws or signs
- a vehicle that malfunctions because of a manufacturer defect
- a road that has been poorly maintained and is now dangerous for drivers
The attorneys at Florin|Roebig will be happy to review the details of your car accident and provide legal advice to help you determine whether you qualify to file a claim under Florida law.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
Filing a car accident claim is the best way to collect the compensation you need to move on with your life after you have been injured or suffered other losses in a crash. These accidents often leave victims with expensive medical bills, lost wages, chronic pain, and a host of other consequences.
Winning a settlement provides you with resources you need to recover from these losses and build a better future. However, collecting compensation is not the only reason to file a car accident claim.
In addition to collecting damages, filing a car accident claim also gives you an opportunity to gain closure after the crash and forces the responsible party to face consequences. Further, filing a claim gives you a chance to draw attention to the situation that caused your crash and potentially prevent future accidents.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
Every car accident claim is unique, and many different factors can come into play to determine the outcome of the claim.
Some of the factors that will be most influential include:
- the principle of comparative negligence — Every car accident claim will be based on negligence. However, in some cases, the court may determine that the victim shares some of the blame for the accident. When this occurs, the settlement amount may be reduced based on the victim’s level of fault.
- the type of damage involved — While some car accidents cause only property damage, others cause physical injury as well. The type of damage will impact the outcome of the case.
- the statute of limitations — All claimants are required to file their lawsuits within a specific amount of time after a car accident. You must make sure your claim has been properly filed before this time period expires in order to protect your right to a settlement.
- the accident’s impact on your life — The way in which the car accident changed your life will have a dramatic impact on the outcome of your case. Factors taken into consideration include the extent of your injuries, whether you are able to return to work, the pain you experienced, the emotional effects of the accident, and the financial impact of the accident.
For an in-depth assessment of the factors that may impact your car accident claim, please make an appointment with a member of our legal team.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
The amount of compensation that can be collected in a car accident case varies widely. The best way to find out how much compensation you could receive if you win your case is to talk to one of our attorneys and discuss the case in detail.
However, in general, you may be able to estimate the worth of your claim by considering the various expenses you have already incurred, as well as the expenses you expect to incur in the future as a result of the accident.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
If you win your car accident case, you may receive:
- damages for lost wages and earning ability — In many cases, the injuries sustained in a car accident leave the victim unable to work, either temporarily or permanently. If this occurs, the car accident settlement will include damages designed to make up for lost wages.
- benefits for medical care — Following a car accident, you may need immediate medical attention that becomes expensive quickly. If your injury is severe, ongoing care may also be necessary. Your car accident settlement should include compensation for these medical expenses.
- compensation for suffering and other intangible effects on your life — Car accidents may cause ongoing pain, psychological trauma, loss of quality of life, and other intangible effects. Many car accident settlements include benefits to cover these losses.
- punitive damages — If the person who caused your accident was behaving maliciously or was gravely negligent, punitive damages may be included in the settlement as punishment.
Car Accident Rates In Largo
All cities throughout the state of Florida, including Largo, experience car accidents on a daily basis.
Here are some statistics related to Largo and surrounding Pinellas County:
- Nearly 18,000 crashes were recorded in Pinellas County during 2017.
- Crashes in Pinellas County during 2017 resulted in 11,107 injuries and 119 deaths.
- The incidence of crashes, injuries, and fatalities in 2017 was slightly lower than 2016 in Pinellas County.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Largo
Under Florida law, it is possible to file a car accident claim without hiring a legal representative. However, because the laws surrounding personal injury cases are so complex, hiring an attorney is highly recommended.
At Florin|Roebig, we employ a team of dedicated, successful attorneys who have experience personal injury claims. For every year since the inception of the honor in 2010, Florin|Roebig trial lawyers have been selected as one of the “Best Law Firms in America” by “US News and World Report” and “Best Lawyers in America.”
Some of our attorneys who can work with injury victims in Largo and surrounding areas include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Nicholas S. Costantino
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- John J. Hart
With over 30 years of experience, our law firm has successfully won over $1 billion in settlements from personal injury cases by providing our clients with high-quality legal representation.
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Florin|Roebig has represented many accident victims throughout the United States with car accident claims. Whatever your situation may be, we want to help you get the fair compensation you deserve. Please contact our firm today to learn more or to schedule a free consultation.