Being injured in a car accident can impact your life in many ways. You may experience pain, emotional trauma, ongoing disability, financial problems, and a host of other consequences after the accident.
Fortunately, if your accident was caused by someone else, you have the right to pursue a settlement under Florida personal injury law. If you are thinking about filing a car accident claim, the attorneys at Florin|Roebig are here to help you maximize your chances of success.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Tarpon Springs
If you have been involved in a car accident and you are thinking about filing a claim, determining the cause of your car accident is essential. Under Florida law, you will be able to file a claim only if you can show that your car accident resulted from negligence.
This means that one or more parties failed to use the minimum amount of care required by Florida law.
Some situations that are typically considered “negligence” by Florida courts include:
- accidents caused by a driver who is drunk or using drugs
- accidents caused by distracted drivers
- accidents that occur because a driver is speeding and/or disobeying other traffic laws
- accidents that occur because of a vehicle’s manufacturer defect
- accidents that occur because of a poorly maintained road
Determining the exact cause of a car accident can be difficult, especially when more than one factor is involved. If you are not sure whether your car accident qualifies you to file a personal injury claim, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced attorney.
They are absolutely amazing and Jessica is absolutely amazing they got me the full amount from my car accident got me the medical bills reduced so I didn't have to pay as much and I still had some money left over they worked very hard on my case and tirelessly because the insurance company was not exactly cooperative
Reasons To File A Car Accident Claim
People who file car accident claims in Tarpon Springs may have multiple motivations. Three of the most common motivations for filing a claim are listed here.
1. To Collect Compensation
If you are the victim of a car accident, you are probably dealing with a mountain of expenses you can’t afford to pay. In addition, many car accident victims are unable to return to work or even enjoy their former hobbies, leading to even more losses. Filing a car accident claim allows you to collect compensation for these losses.
2. To Prevent Future Accidents
When you have been injured in a car accident, you don’t want anyone else to suffer the way you have. You may decide to file a car accident claim in hopes of drawing attention to your accident as a warning to other drivers.
3. To Punish The Responsible Party
Car accident victims deserve justice. When someone else’s actions cause injury or death, they should be forced to face consequences. The easiest way to make sure the responsible party pays for what they have done is to file a car accident claim.
Factors That Affect Car Accident Claims
A range of factors may impact your car accident claim in Tarpon Springs. Some of the factors that may play a role in determining the outcome of your case are as follows.
1. The Impact Of Your Injuries
Perhaps the most important factor in any car accident case is the extent of the injuries you sustained. When injuries are severe, painful, and likely to result in lasting disability, winning your case is much easier. Likewise, more severe injuries that have significantly impacted your personal life and financial stability will often lead to a higher settlement amount.
2. Comparative Negligence And State Law
Not all states will allow you to file a claim for compensation if you are partly at fault for your accident. However, in Florida, you will still be able to pursue a settlement. Any settlement amount you receive will be reduced proportionally based on your level of fault for the crash.
3. Time Limits
Following a car accident, you have only a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim under state law. If you don’t file a claim during this time, you may be unable to collect the compensation you deserve for your injuries. For this reason, it is important to consult an attorney as soon as possible.
How Much Compensation Can You Win?
Many different factors can affect the compensation you will win if you file a car accident claim.
Some of these factors include:
- type of injury — More severe injuries typically result in higher settlement amounts, especially if they are expected to result in chronic pain or disability.
- financial impact — The higher your accident-related expenses, the greater your settlement amount will likely be.
- personal impact — Car accidents often impact your personal life by causing you stress and/or making it impossible for you to enjoy former hobbies. The impact of the case on your personal life will affect the amount of compensation you receive.
- quality of representation — A skilled and experienced attorney will be able to help you maximize the amount of compensation you receive if you win your case.
Our Featured Case Results
Types Of Damages Awarded In Car Accident Claims
Every car accident claim is different. However, financial settlements awarded in car accident cases tend to include some of the same types of damages.
Damages you may receive if you win your case include:
- medical payments — You may receive damages designed to compensate you for the cost of medical care you have already received, as well as the estimated cost of future medical care you will need.
- lost income — If you have been unable to work because of your injuries and/or if you will be unable to work in the future, you may receive compensation for your lost income.
- compensation for suffering — If your car accident has resulted in physical pain and/or psychological trauma, you may receive additional damages specifically intended to compensate you for this experience.
- punitive damages — If the party who caused your crash was behaving maliciously or was grossly negligent, you may receive additional damages intended as punishment.
Car Accident Rates In Tarpon Springs
The following are car accident statistics specific to the city of Tarpon Springs and surrounding Pinellas County.
- Pinellas County was the site of almost 18,000 car accidents.
- Car accidents in Pinellas County killed 120 people and injured more than 11,000 people.
- The rate of car accidents, related fatalities, and related injuries decreased from the previous year. Nonetheless, many people were still injured or killed.
List Of Car Accident Attorneys Serving Tarpon Springs
When you are preparing to file a car accident claim, you should always consult an attorney who has experience in this practice area. AtFlorin|Roebig, we employ a team of seasoned professionals who have the knowledge and experience necessary to maximize your chances of success in court.
Some of the members of our team serving clients in Tarpon Springs include:
- Wil H. Florin, B.C.S.
- Tommy D. Roebig, B.C.S.
- Luca G Esposito
- Chad K. Florin, M.B.A., LL.M.
- John J. Hart
We Are Nationally Awarded Lawyers
Find Help Filing A Car Accident Claim
Filing a car accident claim without legal representation is not in your best interest. If you want to have the best possible chance of success in your case, you need a qualified attorney representing you from start to finish. To learn more about filing a car accident claim in Tarpon Springs or to begin the filing process, please contact the experts at Florin|Roebig today.